- Column 1
- Column 2
- Column 3
- Column 4
- By Venue Type
Simon Fraser University - Downtown Vancouver
- Event Spaces
- Area Attractions
EXCEPTIONAL MEETINGS. EXTRAORDINARY LOCATIONS.SFU Meeting, Event and Conference Services offers five unique and exceptional venues in spectacular locations in the Vancouver area.
These facilities were designed for meetings, conferences, receptions and educational events.
Venues located in the heart of downtown Vancouver include heritage buildings renovated to preserve the past while incorporating features for today’s conferences.
With a wide range of space options and meeting plans for every budget, these venues feature flexible space that can be configured to meet your specific requirements.
Rooms are flooded with natural light and furnished with ergonomically designed seating and hard surface tables, creating a more productive work environment.
The latest technology is built into meeting space – ensuring easy, trouble-free set-up for your presentations. All venues feature high-speed internet connections and reliable WiFi with a team of A/V experts onsite for the duration of your event. Telecommunications, video conferencing, webcasting, video production and photography services also available.
Venues offer complete catering, from inspired coffee breaks to gourmet banquets, with options for every budget.
Business services are available to support your meeting or any last minute requests.
Dedicated event managers will work with you to make sure your event runs smoothly - from choosing the right venue and helping with catering and A/V needs to assistance with speaker logistics and registration – your event manager will help ensure your meeting is a success.
Exceptional meeting space in extraordinary locations – a formula for memorable meetings.
Imagine Meeting Here!:
Nearby Cities & Number of Miles:
Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Surrey, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, New Westminster, Langley, Delta, White Rock, Coquitlam, Port Moody
Nearest Airport/ Number of Minutes:
Vancouver International (YVR) / 30
Public Transportation Options:
Metro/Public Transportation Proximity:
Within walking distance
We have availibity on a year round basis. Several of our buildings and spaces are bookable without any time restrictions (i.e. can be booked years in advance) and we have no F&B minimums. All buildings are within walking distance of the majority of Vancouver's finest downtown hotels.
Connected seamlessly to the Delta Vancouver Suites and several Hotels within minutes by foot.
Number of Meeting & Event Rooms:
Largest Classroom Style:
Largest Theatre Style:
Built-in language interpretation & audience response systems; high-speed and wireless Internet, telephone and videoconferencing to all rooms; webcasting, business centre.
Food & Beverage:
Full service catering available from refreshment breaks and working lunches to gala dinners.
Must Use In-house Catering:
Cultural Catering Available:
Complete Meeting Package:
Special Rates and Packages:
Daily Meeting Packages available.
Ideally suited for:
Corporate Social Events
Outdoor Event Space
Outdoor Event Space
|Meeting Room||Descriptions||Square Footage|
|Asia Pacific Hall||A dramatic, comfortable and inspiring space for dialogue and interaction, featuring natural light from the 16 high heritage windows and seating beneath a magnificent 26 high coffered heritage ceiling.|
|Samuel & Frances Belzberg Atrium||The soaring, light-filled Belzberg Atrium is the main entrance to the conference centre and provides a spectacular 67' glass backdrop for delegates to network or gather between meetings.|
|Concourse Salons||With variable capacity and flexible configurations for meetings, lectures, dining or exhibits, this area can be divided into one, two or three sections by acoustically sound and attractive cherry wood operable walls.|
|Executive Meeting Rooms||795 sq. ft. of highly flexible meeting space, offering built-in electronic projection screen, Internet connection and telephone line.||795|
|Strategy Rooms||Natural light and rear screen projection with unobstructed views are key features of these rooms, which offer 1300 sq. ft. of configurable meeting space, tackable wall surfaces and built-in white board.|
|Briefing Rooms||Equipped with upholstered armchairs, Internet connection, telephone line and natural light. These convenient and intimate spaces are ideal for one on one conversation, a conference office, speaker ready room, interview, or a variety of purposes.|
|Boardrooms||18 person boardrooms offer comfortable seating in adjustable high-backed leather armchairs at an elegant dark cherry wood table.|
|Videoconference Boardroom||This 12 person Boardroom offers all the features of a deluxe boardroom. A Polycom Viewstation videoconferencing unit is available for videoconferencing needs|
Morris J Wosk CateringWe look forward to working with you to ensure your event is a success! Catering is part of a great conference experience. We want to make sure that your delegates not only have a productive meeting, but remember the superb food services they enjoyed at Simon Fraser University. Depending on the venue selected, our catering is provided by Vancouver's finest caterers. We offer complete catering - from coffee service to gourmet banquets, with options for every budget. To view our other catering menus please visit http://www.sfu.ca/mecs/services/catering.html
>>> menu (PDF)
Catering for Segal Building, Harbour Centre and Goldcorp Centre for the ArtsWe look forward to working with you to ensure your event is a success. Catering is part of a great conference experience. We want to make sure that your delegates not only have a productive meeting, but remember the superb food services they enjoyed at Simon Fraser University. To that end, we are very proud to work with our catering partners at the Lazy Gourmet, a Vancouver institution and the exclusive caterer for Harbour Centre, the Goldcorp Centre and the Segal Building. The Lazy Gourmet is well known for catering excellence. After almost three decades, founder and president Susan Mendelson still feels passionate about delicious and beautiful food, and believes that only the finest ingredients should go into anything she creates. Your Event Manager will work with you to discuss catering options for your event. View or download our current catering menus below. Keep in mind, this is just an example of what we can do. We are able to tailor our catering services to suit your needs.
>>> menu (PDF)
Dining FacilitiesSeating Capacity: 300
Separate dining facilities are available for small private functions or for groups up to 200 people in the combined banquet space. After session receptions in the Atrium gallery areas or the Concourse Salons will accommodate over 300 people.
|Program Planning||We can assist clients to develop content, strategies, budgets, and other elements critical to organizing effective events, conferences and programs.|
|Consultation Services||Simon Fraser University dialogue experts have participated as facilitators, program designers and/or consultants for a variety of clients.|
|Facilitation and Dialogue Services||The Wosk Centre for Dialogue can provide facilitators, mediators, and other meeting specialists to fit a particular event's nature and objectives.|
|Speakers, panels, and experts||As part of a comprehensive university, we have access to experts within and beyond the universityboth locally and internationallywho can arrange for moderators, speakers, panelists, specialized researchers, and program consultants.|
|Business centre||Photocopying, transperencies, fax service, label/boxing service, customs/duty arrangements, badge holders, personalized name badges, tent cards, client computer kiosk, diskettes, disk access (to copy or print)|
|Technology||SFU’s downtown meeting venues are all equipped with the latest in telecommunications and presentation technology. Our Event Manager will work with you to ensure that all of your communications and A/V requirements are met. With a dedicated A/V team available on-site, you can be sure your meeting will run smoothly.|
|Services Offered||Services available at most venues include: High-speed wired internet connectivity (100 Mbps data transfer speed), High-speed wireless capability, Webcasting services, Dedicated videoconference boardroom, Multimedia presentations, Image magnification, Complete telecommunications, Fibre optic link to the Television Operations Centre (TOC), Portable staging, ideo production services, including digital video and DVD/CD-ROM authoring, Photographic services, Smart classrooms, including Crestron touch panel system, Built-in smart board|
- I’ve worked with SFU’s Meeting, Event and Conference Services to produce a number of events, most recently a 340-person conference. I can’t imagine what we would have done if it wasn’t for the professional services MECS provided. They handled registration, conference lists, reports, money transactions, catering and our evening receptions. They also provided assistance with a number of unexpected needs – everything from office services to videotaping presentations. Their expertise makes a world of difference when putting on a successful conference. In fact, we only accepted organizing another conference in 2014 because we knew we had MECS to help us with local arrangements. “MECS’ expertise makes a world of difference when putting on a successful conference.” Walter Piovesan Research Data Library SFU
Research Data Library, SFU
- The Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue has been a great venue for our conference needs, we especially appreciate the rooms’ natural light and comfortable seating. MECS staff provided top notch service and went the extra mile to meet our requests. The catering staff provided delicious buffet lunches and went out of their way to make tasty alternatives for our clients with special dietary requirements. “MECS staff provided top notch service and went the extra mile to meet our requests.” Christine Farrington Program Coordinator Peter B. Gustavson School of Business | University of Victoria
Peter B Gustavson School of Business, University of Victoria
- Working with SFU’s Events department is always a wonderful experience. Staff are professional, courteous and prompt. Our attendees like the classroom setting and really appreciate the quality of the catering. We are extremely happy with the facility and the staff and plan to continue our relationship with SFU @ Harbour Centre for years to come. “We are extremely happy with the facility and the staff and plan to continue our relationship with SFU @ Harbour Centre for years to come.” Ellen Mirkov Meeting Planner CARF International
- When I plan a meeting in downtown Vancouver, a call to SFU’s MECS is always at the top of my list. I appreciate the variety of meeting rooms and pricing options to choose from. I can count on MECS staff for great service and good advice. And the catering never disappoints. “When I plan a meeting in downtown Vancouver, a call to SFU’s MECS is always at the top of my list.” Devon Knight, CMP, Devon Knight Events
Devon Knight Events
- We have held events at the Wosk Centre for Dialogue regularly over the past two decades. The facility is superb and the MECS staff are very professional and thorough (he food is great too). Many thanks for continuing to deliver successful events. “The facility is superb and the MECS staff are very professional and thorough (he food is great too).” Ginny Normandeau Events Manager Urban Development Institute
Urban Development Institute
- “Thank you to the MECS Team for a wonderful afternoon and evening - everything went perfectly for our group.” Chuck Stewart, P.Eng., CMA General Manager Kruger Products L.P.
Kruger Products L.P.
- We booked our annual continuing education day and, in conjunction, our trade show, when they first opened, and have returned to the facility every year since. The lecture theatre is, of course, without parallel in the city, and the staff and caterers have established an excellent working relationship with us and continue to work to accommodate our needs. We highly recommend this facility for a wide range of events. Melanie Ross BC Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
BC Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons